PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot-drain - The new aviation crisis
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2006, 05:08
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A37575

......................A37575......just for the record seeing as yr comments might be heading in a personal way as in attacking an individual (sadly) yes I have as a matter of fact flown into a Pacific attol/s on a very black night in shocking blinding rain after transiting the Pacific with the bare minimum of fuel & with a medical team aboard all the time wondering whether we are simply going to make it !!!..........oh & just for the record I wasn't in a B737 where you have assistance beyond yr Coey I was in a aeromedical LR35 sometimes cramped in there for up to four hrs & often with a 'green' coey who was experiencing at the time a very steep learning curve as we all are under such arduous conditions. So no, no 'he man' with a hairy chest (just checked, ok so I have a hairy chest ):-)

So to finish off some other comments here the RFDS often require high experience levels purely for contract reasons as others have stated amongst these pages but I still believe that the high hrs requirements are there for very good reasons. I don't need to explain here further I don't make the rules I like all else here have to abide by them.

Capt wally:-)

p.s............The age limit in the Sth Eastern Section (as asked by someone else here) isn't specificly stated or enforced mainly due for discrimination reasons. So fly on after 60 if yr made of the right stuff