PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.S Flag ?
Thread: U.S Flag ?
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2006, 22:56
Roadster280

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ABIW,

I'm not sure I would cast aspersions on the good ol' boys. For better or for worse, I'm a Brit here in the US. In the UK, I've noticed a distinct loss of "national identity". In days gone by, those who sought to cast aspersions on the UK got a swift "orf with their heads". Ruthlessly.

As time rolled on, perhaps it wasn't entirely appropriate to rape foreign lands, and the Commonwealth came about. We matured. Our offspring, the United States, is still maturing as a nation. What defiant young adult hasn't set out to "show the world"? A couple of hundred years is a mere augenblick.

In the US, I've noticed a distinct solidarity of the nation. United behind the flag. Along the way, I can't help feeling the UK lost its way a bit. Perhaps that is what happens in old age. But for now, the US is a virile youngster, and making its mark.

Anyhoo (to use an Americanism), this thread started out about the US Flag being worn ass backwards. In summary, if the "traditional view" US flag is worn on the right arm, it is ass backwards.