PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructors, a rare breed indeed!!
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2006, 21:53
advocate for devils

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LEVC

if you want good FI's you have to give them decent conditions, if not they wont last long, and of course their motivation wont be the best one
Sensible quote LEVC!

I am currently going through ATPL and WOULD like to be a career instructor - I have taught people in the past and it seems to be a NICE way to earn a modest living.

From my PPL training, I (and several other students) felt hindered by the attitude of some instructors. Several seem to have a chip on there shoulder (others are better balanced with chips on both!) openly complaining that the world owes them a favour because THEY decided to spend money and time to get a Comercial License - "I should be respected and treated like a God; them I will consider acting like a professional". Maybe something can be learned from the humble driving instructor who can earn a reasonable living without the label of 'failed F1 driver' or similar

Many people in other walks of life spend time and money to try to develop themselves - not always successfully. However, the attitude of many instructors DAMAGES the chances of the career instructors (my OWN target) gaining a sensible wage.

REMEMBER - its nice to be important...... but it is more important to be nice.