PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch
Thread: Monarch
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2006, 21:28
Easy226

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If i am offered a job with Monarch im a bit stuck in between which base to go for. Luton will enable me commute to and from work which will cost quite a bit in fuel wheras i could commute considerably less if i was based at Gatwick and rent a property. The 3rd November course is not that far around the corner and i obviously need to find somewhere to stay for the duration of the course if i do commit to a Gatwick base- do a lot of people rent down there or a lot of the crew from the London area anyway?

Also how much flying a month will you do with Monarch at Gatwick compared to Luton - is it roughly the same? The allocation of a long haul trip is also a bonus to being based at Gatwick, but dont think this is really worth the move if you only do say one trip in the 6 month contract or is it usually more than that? What salary would you expect to receive at Luton and Gatwick respectively?

Finally, im under the impression that the contract will be for six months which will end early June if you are on the November course? Is the contract more than six months to cover for the summer season?

Look Forward to your replies.

Many Thanks