PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheapest 4 seater Single for Hire in Melbourne?
Old 17th Oct 2006, 12:22
podbreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chimbu, talking of 4 place singles, I had in mind 172s and old warriors, as an-124 wanted the cheapest. I also mentioned the 'large' flying schools, who generally own their 172s and warriors (sure their 182s and lances might be private). The frustration for many (and i'm assuming that includes an-124) lies with these larger flying schools who have large asian state-owned-airline training contracts and can afford to rip off weekend warriors. These are the institutions who can afford to have cheaper prices, but because of their training monopolys charge a fortune. They don't need the extra business.

Yes you are right, you provide interesting planes for us to hire, but i'd put it to you that perhaps your purchase wasn't to make a small fortune, rather for your love of flying. I'm not saying you shouldn't have bought a plane, on the contrary I think its fantastic, but if I bought an aircraft (a 172 say), I wouldn't expect to make money off it.

I think this thread was intended on finding the cheapest deal out there, not to rip you off.