PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 4
Thread: Ryanair - 4
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2006, 11:29
Leo Hairy-Camel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post He said, she said.

Well Hello, Camels Hoof!

Comparisons are always odious aren’t they, but I think you might need to review your sources of information. Comparing Ryanair shares with the Dwarf’s latest truly spectacular foray into corporate investments does you a disservice, I fear.

As you’ll see from the Financial Times, the Ryanair share price is currently at 8.605 Euros, correct at the time of me writing this, with an associated Market Capitalisation (what the company is worth based upon this share price) of 6.65 Billion Euros. Rather healthy as I’m sure you’ll agree. The real story, though, is that the shares in Ryanair have risen from a low of 6.32 Euros to the current price of 8.605 in less than a year. Crunch these numbers and I think you’ll find this represents an increase in value of 36.2% in less than a year. A bit better than you’ll get from the Bank of Ireland or HSBC, don’t you think Camels Hoof? Certainly a great deal better than putting your money in Dwarf Investments, Inc.

Aer Lingus, on the other hand, is currently trading at 2.88 Euros per share, valuing the airline at a whisker above 1.5 billion, and more interestingly for our purposes, rendering the Dwarf’s hysterical recent investment into a loss of 1.445 million Euros. I’ve heard of the kiss of death when it comes to investing, but squandering pension fund savings to such an extent takes the breath away.

Investors may, as you say, be bailing, Camels Hoof, but not from Ryanair. Lets hope for the Dwarf and the people whose retirement money he’s throwing away, that the AERL share price doesn’t slip too much more. If it dives beneath 2.80, less than 8 cents away, the feathers will fly, I can assure you.