PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interairline rivalry Bull!
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2006, 23:49
jetsetterbfs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny story about a positioning flight on BA from EDI to LHR last winter. My crew had just arrived into EDI from GVA and were going back down south in uniform.

Obviously the FCA uniform does stand out a bit, but that is what it is meant to do, it's a holiday airline after all. Got on board the BA and the purser asked us what airline we worked for (!) - I thought everyone knew the pinkies. When we said First Choice, his response was "aww, bless." I though this was so hilarious I almost peed my pants. But I can see that some people may find this really condascending - I'm not sure what way he meant it, but to give him his dues, we were given bags full of beer to take off with us.

It was a little embarrassing though; we couldn't help but feel they thought they were better than us. Or perhaps that is our own insecurity? Don't know.

I do know that the Monarch crew in Luton are, unfortunately, awfully snobbish when they see us in the security check area. If looking down your nose at someone is an artform, then they have it down to a tee!

God knows why. I love going on other airlines and telling them I am crew so I get free stuff. It's fabulous.