PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots who went on strike let go by PHI
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2006, 22:43
chc&proud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In light of seriousness of the situation, it is not on my agenda to chit chat in a cordial manner on issues that threatening good colleagues and friends at PHI. Jobs, liveliyhoods and careers of good people are at stake.

This thread in my opinion deserves to be more than a discussion about pro's and con's of unions. It's all blood, sweat and tears for the striking pilots and their families.They deserve active support, not empty words on a chat forum.

It is vital that all pilots in the GOM fully understand that it is not possible to remain neutral in this situation. Either you support the legal industrial action initiated by Local 108 or you do not. If you do not support the struggle of Local 108 against a visciously union hostile management team, then you are no friend of mine, not today and not in this life time. I know for a fact that I speak for thousands of colleagues when making this statement.

If you are a member of the union and cross the line, then you will more likely than not spend the rest of your career dreading the days when colleagues ask innocent questions about your CV. When it becomes clear that you were a traitor to your own union as a strike breaker, you are not in a good position in any way, shape or form.

Either you are soldier in this battle, loyal to your elected union leadership, or else you are traitor. No one neither admires nor will ever support traitors.

As far as non union pilots working full time to keep the wheels turning while this madness is going on, you will fare no better.

We do need lots of pilots in Europe in the years to come. Historically, we have emplyed pilots from many nationalities in Norway, including the US. It is not certain if we need to go outside the EU region to find qualified pilots candidates. If we do, be sure of one thing: SCABS will not be welcome. Loyal pilot union members will receive our full attention in the prehire qualification process. They have already proven their worth in a time of crisis.

Regrettably for union haters and union busters, these are the sad facts of life if you do not have the guts to stand tall and make the right choice when the going gets tough.