PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay for Dispatchers??
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2006, 21:47
OpsSix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyboy1818
I'm Currently a Rampy at LCY and I can confirm that we earn quite a bit more that dispatch when you include overtime and bonus payments.

Their are two dispatch companies at LCY and they pay between 15000 and 17000 basic, probably upto around 22000 to 24000 on overtime payments.

As a Rampy my basic is 16500 but including bonus I earn around 18500 and including overtime I'm on 24000 to 29000 depending on how much time I want to spend at work. A fair pay difference some may argue, but at LCY all Ramp agents are fully trained, we marshall, headset, GPU, Loadsheet etc, whereas the dispatchers can't even do a manual loadsheet!

The moral of the story here is that you have to look at what qualifies "real dispatch" as opposed to "loadsheet clerk". No offence is made by this remark, but I just wanted to point out that we are looking at such a wide skill set here and its hard to compare pay. Dispatchers that work to a FAA licence level will earn more, whereas low qualified dispatchers will earn less
LCY Ground Services do a loadsheet? Since when? Do you mean load plan?

Dispatchers can't even do a manual loadsheet? Who are you speaking for exactly? Everyone I work with at LCY can do a manual loadsheet, it's the first thing we were trained on.

As for marshalling, I can do that as well, it's not difficult.

You may want to check your facts and correct your statement.