PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AEROFAN Flight Training (merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2006, 17:14
metar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've posted previously, but just thought you would like to know that I did my ME/IR and FI at Aerofan (and renewal) within the last 18 months. The school is professional and they are making a big effort to keep the Brits happy during their stay.

The aircraft ARE quite old, worked hard, but are all maintained to the standards you would hope and whenever there has been a problem they have been fixed quickly. The 310 is no better or worse that most Senecas that you see kicking about in the UK. A 172 is a 172 the world over (for the most part) and had pretty good instrumentation. I thoroughly enjoyed the Bonanza.

What I would say is that you will get out of Aerofan as much as you put in. The standard of instruction is good but with more emphasis on the practical side of flying compared with the UK. Less theory all in all. The examiners ARE easier going and you have a higher chance of passing there. It's a fact.

I'm now a CFI, regularly fly the airways and have two interviews with major airlines coming up. Got through the MCC too, so pretty confident the instruction did work.

That's not to say I don't have work to do, but Aerofan did get my ME/IR done in 3 weeks which was hard work but fun. FI quick too but that's a rating that you learn most of it on the job. My time in Madrid was hilarious - mainly because of my lack of Spanish when ordering things off Spanish menus at night, but even went out with the instructors a few nights. Still in touch with all them...

PM for any other info.