PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin 'low fuel' MAYDAY
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2006, 14:52
late developer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by frangatang
I do like the references to pop into the likes of cardiff,chuck on a few tons of fuel and away you go.It doesnt work! Land and you are stuffed,nothing happens until at least 8am.I know, l have done it,pax home by bus etc.
Well if you are referring to my post then I am glad you liked it! In my post I was making a report of my one and only transatlantic inbound flight - of fifteen years ago. Not sure what time of the morning it was but it was early October 1991 and it wasn't dark when we landed at Cardiff. We wondered then if buses would be rolled out, but they weren't. A few tonnes of fuel were indeed chucked on and away we indeed did go! The logistics might not work that way now. But that's the way it did then.
Originally Posted by bigbusdriver06
Late developer,
I would like to apologise on behalf of just a few of my "professional" colleagues who are so arrogant as to think a passenger's views are worthless. It doesn't matter what the truth is (and to your credit you are pretty near it), it's your perception as a customer that matters.
Thank you BBD06 but you don't need to apologise - just please try to influence your peers so they don't practice too much of what they see preached here sometimes! Of course I am pretty near the truth - because it doesn't take an ATPL to see it. I am not so green as I am cabbage-looking!