PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Citation II Type Rating - Difficult?
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2006, 08:41
VORTIME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys - don't get me wrong here. It's a flying holiday by all means but when one has commitments with restrict flying as a career but which to expand their skills enevelope it is a rather interesting choice. I don't intend and would hate interfer with someone's right to work. Howsoever, I would like to build jet time and possibly keep it current acting as a unnecessary safety pilot occasionally to increase by comptency and skillsets to make long distance flying realistic at a personal level. Sitting in the right seat for 500 hrs, or say 6 months is an experience of a lifetime for most - it's not a career choice, I've no intentions of flying for a living and if I did, of course I'd charge the commercial going rate.

This is for my own personal benefit to enable me to be a safer and more able pilot flying long distance personally. I think it's very childish for someone to imply I shouldn't use my hard earned cash to do what I would like to for a few months. Again, I'd agree if I were doing it every weekend but that's simply not the case.

Are you saying that someone outside a aviation as a career should never be allowed to experience flying a jet? Maybe you you choose a career as boring as accountancy or law you wouldn't find people who simply try out your job for a few months for joy.

Some people here have to realise you don't own the joy of flight. If money is your objective, flying isn't ever going to be profitable and salaries will keep going down - this is unfortunate but a simple fact of life since so many people also want to do your job (not me). Attack me if you wish for saying this but it's no disrespect (I respect a good pilot as much as any of you) but it's simple economics.

VT

Last edited by VORTIME; 16th Oct 2006 at 08:51.