PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Citation II Type Rating - Difficult?
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2006, 08:03
PPRuNeUser0215

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VORTIME:

First to answer your initial question, I wouldn't worry about a Citation Type Rating. Guys with 200 hours get through 747s in an environment probably a little tougher than where you are going to get yours done.
Because if you do your type rating at Flight Safety US for example (Nevermind Eaglejet ), I would be very surprised indeed if you were to fail...
Saying that if your Instrument flying skills are a little bit on the edge you might find it difficult to handle a jet (if it is your first one) and fly procedurally. Not difficult but the more spare capacity you have, the easier it gets.

Now as for paying to fly.... I am with the others on that one. Flying a citation for fun is fine, flying a friend's one for free must be great and owning your own must be even better.
But! Paying an outfit to have you working is beyond belief! You have spare cash and good on you but to get that money, you must have worked for it, one way or another and I had an interest in what you do as a professional, what would happen if I was to do that job of yours for free (or even pay for it ?).
Because if I was to do that, you wouldn't have the leisure of thinking of getting a Type Rating and perhaps you might have no leisure at all.
So if you are a professsional (of any kind) act as a professional, don't undercut people simply because you can. This industry is tough enough for newbies, it has its fair share of crooks, banckrupties, ruthless and unsafe operators, all affecting our lives as Aviators, all impacting on our profession for the future.
Get yourself a type rating, enjoy it and then since you have a licence, go and network so you can offer your services as a freelance pilot. You will get paid for it, have the respect of your colleagues, learn a lot more (because it won't stop at the end of the block paid for) and I am pretty sure, you will be, quite rightly so, proud of yourself.