PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LOGBOOK!! "Under jar-fcl 1.080"
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2006, 21:58
Tomomac33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOGBOOK!! "Under jar-fcl 1.080"

Hi,

I’m struggling a little with "how to correctly" log my hours! - go easy with me because I’m new to this game! And I’ve asked a number of different instructors and they all have different answers (basically none of them know!)

* I have recently completed my Jaa Ppl in America with night rating.

* I have the Jeppessen jar compliant log book.

SCENARIOS

1. When I was "under instruction" for my JAA PPL I obviously didn’t hold any license - therefore am I correct to say that I log all flight time under the DUAL column? - The PIC's name was my INSTRUCTOR's name and he would SIGN the logbook?

2. Now, when I went SOLO for the first time and then after (i.e. Circuits and X-country's) am I "PIC" Or "SPIC" (student PIC)? - Either way I’m guessing I log this in the "PIC COLUMN" and put my name as PIC - If I was SPIC do I need to write this in the remarks column?

3. So once I complete my JAA PPL and become licensed, I then go on to do my Night rating - So whilst I’m with the instructor on my Night rating training am I "SPIC" because I am now a qualified pilot or am I "DUAL"?? - Therefore do I log the time under the PIC column or DUAL Column. Then when I do SOLO time at night for my rating am I PIC or SPIC??

4. Now this bit really confuses me! - Since completing my JAA PPL I didn’t fly for several months - when I returned to the UK I had a couple of lessons with an instructor to "get me back into it!" - But I’m a fully qualified pilot that didn’t legally need him! - does this make me PIC, PICUS (pilot in command under supervision) Or DUAL!

5. I have just been back to the USA for 12 Days for a bit of hour building fun - but I went by my self so I had a USA Instructor with as company. Now I have made my license fully legal in the USA (converted to FAA) so I didn’t need him! But he was there and gave advice with areas I was unsure with! - Is this DUAL, PIC or PICUS? And if it is either DUAL or PICUS does he need to sign it?

You can see that this thread is very "long winded" and I’m guessing SOOOO basic to most people - but know one seems to be able to give definite answers for me

Please can someone help clear this up?

Many Thanks in advance

Tom