PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 15th Oct 2006, 18:41
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Fair enough,GMP, we are going to have to agree to disagree! As to the Tories and New Labour complaining equally about the Beeb's bias, I would say that is probally due to the bias being to the left of both of them! Trying, like you, to bring all this back on thread, my contention is that this was not an isolated slip from normally impeccable standards, but pretty well par for the course.
My personal experience, posted 27th September, of a similar circumstance to the Nimrod loss, concentrated my mind wonderfully on the Beeb's haughty attitude to HM Forces. As the boss gave me the task of being responsible for liaising with the family of one of the deceased, I can only say that I have never felt more inadequate or humbled in the face of such grief stricken stalwart courage. But never mind that, we are the Beeb and we've got a scoop, nothing on the other side until four hours later! As the young people of today would say, Muppets (a term of ridicule and contempt, my Lord)!