PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND
Thread: SOUTHEND
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2006, 14:40
HZ123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once again yesterday (Saturday 14th) the area leading into the business park was solid for several hours with the traffic attempting to get into the retail park and McD's. As I have stated before this in itself would create a problem for SEN as current access is poor from whatever way you seek entry. There has been much writ about the runway which is a problem despite the most optimistic view.

Finally RAL are a minor player in the business and without being rude they have little apparent experience at deveolment / operations at a full time airport. How will a relatively small company in a dificult business environment raise the sort of sums that have been mentioned and even if they are overstated the sums still require large loans and sustainable returns. The company does not have a track record in this discipline and I question whether they have the required skills for such a development. Only time will tell but the clock has been ticking away surely for to long and as I recall 'Darkstar' commented that the airport will remain as it is serving few passengers and hopfully its active aircraft services and maintainence.