PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cypriot airliner crash - the accident and investigation
Old 15th Oct 2006, 13:59
gonso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wizofoz, I wish you could read !
The checklist says If necessary apply Supplementary Procedure "ADVERSE WEATHER, SECURE AIRPLANE"..
THATS AN ADDITIONAL PROCEDURE !!!
It does not say that you should do the Overnight Parking Procedure only on adverse weather.
CaptSandL ,
On both the unpressurised take-off AND the Eng Bleeds off take off procedures, the packs should be in AUTO. Both of them. The fact that they appeared to be off or it is too difficult to tell, proves that they can be forced to off by 20+g on impact. Unless you now suggest that the crew took off with both bleeds off both packs off, apu bleed off and press mode selector in MANUAL ...just for fun or negligence. The report you claim you read does not suggest that at all.
Don't compare a brand new switch with a 15 Year old one. There is significant wear on these toggle switches , I am sure you know that.
I am not hostile by nature, I just think that your post would be more relevant in the first weeks after the crash when everyone was speculating. You write these things 3 days after the report is out although we now have undisputed facts in hand that definitely contradict to your thoughts.
If the engineers left both windows open overnight and the a/c was taking off and both pilots became hypoxic and then froze to death, we would all say "how stupid" !!!
Missing a vital item in the preflight scan is something that can (has) happen(ed) to all of us. On top of that though, to miss it in 2 different checklists, and on top of that to miss a cab alt horn and a master caution for pax oxy on , is am afraid criminal negligence and the repeort says that, not me.