PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When to give up
Thread: When to give up
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2006, 09:48
cessna l plate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VP
I didn't say all schools were nearly bust, far from it, and obviously it worked for you. As a succesful business man I am sure you are aware of the quantity of risk, and in business you have to accept risk and attempt to minimise and manage that risk as much as possible.

You were either lucky, or I suspect, made a sound decision based on business facts. But there was still the element of risk associated with coughing up a few grand at one go. Now transfer that to a personal point of view. As a succesful business man myself, I am more than happy to take risks with the companys money, and wont bat an eyelid at commiting the firm to a £6000 lay out. I doubt I would do that with my own personal finance, and that is the difference, because there is always the possibility that the school COULD go under, as any business can. I for one cannot afford to write off 6k of my own money that way.

It has worked for you, but there are thousands of posts on other threads over the years advising against it, it is not just my opinion, but that of thousands of us! Don't beleive me, have a search!

Weekend is here again, just off for a nav training session, what about you Mad Bear??