PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aren't you bored to death as SO?
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2006, 07:28
DDDOF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Typical month at CX for me as an SO is 3 trips which are almost always 4 day trips. Usually leave evening day one and returen morning day 4 so it's more like 2 full days and 2 half days away from home. So 3 times 4 equals 12 days of work, with the remained be G days or O days(of which I've never had to work on) so that leaves 18 days off. There is a Sim module every other month so subtract one day off every other month. If you have a block of reserve it is 6 days and usually takes the place of one trip. For me getting called on reserve is uaually 50/50 either not at all or called for a trip/crew up in the Sim. If you can manage to make smart requests you can get your sked with big blocks of days off to make like having a small amount of leave each month. Works for me!!!!!!
As far as getting bored I think it's more the people your sitting beside than the work it'self. Sitting beside the right person the time flys, sitting beside Mr. No personality 6 or 7 hours of starring at the PFD can drag on.
As with Cornus, traveled lots, done temp basing, and enjoyed evry min of it.