PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid-air collision over Brasil
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2006, 03:18
misd-agin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATC Watcher
misd-agin , do not jump to conclusions and put words in the mouth of people you do not know . It is offensive.
I doubt any Controller in his right mind would do such a thing," my guess ( and it is only a guess ) is that someone beleived the 737 was a 390 .
Why it was maintaining 37 or passing 37 climbing to 390 , or whatever , is one of the key points the ATC tapes/CVR/FDR will reveal .
I would also not be surprised if more holes in the cheese pop up, like a guy alone on the position ( like in Ueberlingen) or a bad shift change, or a system outage ot some kind, or a system decorrolation, or a wong ACT/estimate passed/received , that sort of things.

And unless I know more of the facts, and one or the other scenario is confirmed, I will not put words on the mouth of anyone and certainly presume blame .

Even if ATC did fail, it could even be the system ( similar to the Honeywell Xponder going to SBY on its own.. ) and not necessarily people.
The officials have been quick to say the Legacy a/c was in the wrong spot and have made no negative comments about the ATC problems that might have contributed to the crash.

I said "I'm not saying it happened this way"... The officials are declaring that there is evidence of altitude deviations and lost communication problems. IF true why would they allow the flights to come anywhere near each other?

Yes, we should await the investigation. But the remarks by officials seem pretty pointed towards the Legacy pilots. Let's pretend the allegations are true. Why in the world would you let another flight near an erratically moving aircraft that you believe has suffered comm failure?