PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comair CRJ crash in Kentucky
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2006, 02:23
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have flown with so many people that think airport signage is confusing, my self included. I think it is not very intuitive and the system needs to change. It might be cheap, and maybe even logical when you sit there and look at it from an engineer's point of view...but it just doesn't work very well otherwise.

I'm not blaming this accident on airport/taxiway signage; but this accident does bring it into question. I believe this was crew error; no matter what the circumstances and surrounding factors.

What should be done about signage? Of all places in the world, I was flying in BOM recently and they have a very good system. The taxiway signage is painted on the actual taxiways, right next to the centerline light, where your eyes are focused most of the time. I'm sure there are many airports arround the world that do this, but this is the last one in which I've noticed it. What a difference it makes. This should be the standard at every airport. I'm sure the paint wears out often, but the extra maintenance is worth the effort.