PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - India Pilot Recruitment:Overseas Indian Citizen
Old 15th Oct 2006, 01:15
Vik888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately, you cannot. I am probably in a similiar situation as you and I've spoken and emailed Capt. Mohan (chief pilot) at Jet Airways. He'd love to hire me, but no Indian passport, no job.

If I want a job, I need a type in the plane they want to hire me in, and 500hrs in type. Now of course, if I had 500hrs in a 737, etc., I wouldn't need to go to India

I check the DGCA web site once a month to see when they'll allow expats of Indian origin to fly as FOs. It would be a great thing and eventually, they'll need to do it as there just won't be enough locals to fill FO seats.

Vik

Originally Posted by PNY
Can anybody tell me if an individual with Overseas Indian Citizen (OIC) status, an Indian born that is now a foreign passport holder, would be regarded as a Citizen for the purposes of licensing and pilot employment.

Technically, an OIC status holder who has applied for and received the status is allowed to work and live in India indefinitely and be entitled to almost everything except the right to vote. The OIC is such a brand new status that very few have even heard of it...

Sure would appreciate any information or elaboration... thank you.