PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2006, 20:43
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pegasus,
Thanks for your answer however it looked in your post as if you were saying that the faaa and QF had reached an agreement to allow the appointment of on board managers for the AKL base.I certainly did not hear that at the union meetings and it concerned me.

I don't understand that the new IR laws allow a current contract to be made redundant until the expiry of that contract however that is a moot point as the current EBA has only just over 12 months to run anyway and if you legally challenged that point in court the best you could expect would be to delay them .

I do agree with you however that unless we adapt we will go the way of the dinosaurs and if S/H can do it then so can we and get back our flying.

I personally don't have a problem with the company appointing CSS's and CSM's in other bases however they should rely on the same merit based selection process that we do.

If they do not and appoint them solely on whoever will do the job for the lowest price then it makes a mockery of all the statements the company has made.

We should then make it known to the press that if you are an Australian working for QF ("THe Spirit of Australia")you have to go through a merit based selection process for promotion. However if you are cheap overseas labour then you can get any job as long as you accept third world rates.

In other words the company selects the best person for the job in Australia but overseas will take anyone if they will work for peanuts.Explain to everyone this sort of sweatshop mentality and let the company explain that to the media when questioned ,Australian jobs going offshore at the moment is big news ...let's put the heat on them for a change