PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots who went on strike let go by PHI
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2006, 20:41
Hemssafety

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wrench1
Page 2…

For starters:
Per GLS the current company S-4 out is “500 pages…” - actually it is about 186 pages as shown below. So I am starting think this is how we are getting 300 strikers out of 180 – maybe a trip to LenCrafters is in order or its something to do with the new fuzzy math around here

10-Q June 2006
TABLE OF CONTENTS

ii

ii

iii

iii

iv

F-1

As for the comment “Well, this filing is finally closer to the truth. It looks like Sarbanes-Oxley is working…” Closer to what? This is NOTHING new. PHI has quoted the same information in their past filings – just as REQUIRED by S&O. So I’m sorry GLS – no conspiracy, no “poor-mouthing”, no lies, no bankruptcy – just business at 80% and growing. I copied several examples below – but you can see it at sec.gov.

10-Q June 2006
We currently are negotiating a new collective bargaining agreement covering our pilots.
We have been in negotiations and mediation with the OPEIU (the Office and Professional Employees International Union, which is the union representing our domestic pilot work force), since expiration of the collective bargaining agreement May 31, 2004. On July 28, 2006, the National Mediation Board released the parties from the mediation process. As a result, a 30-day “cooling off” period commenced and expires August 28, 2006. Following the cooling off period, the Company is free to do whatever is reasonably necessary to continue operations, and the union is free to engage in job actions, including work stoppages or a general strike. Although the outcome of these negotiations cannot be predicted, it is management’s intent to continue working toward an acceptable renewed collective bargaining agreement. We cannot predict the outcome of these negotiations nor when they might be concluded and such negotiations may result in an agreement that will materially increase our operating costs. Failure to reach a satisfactory agreement could result in work stoppages, strikes or other labor disruptions that could materially adversely affect our revenues, operations or financial condition.

S-4 July 10, 2006
We currently are negotiating a new collective bargaining agreement covering our pilots.
We are currently in negotiations with the Office & Professional Employees International Union regarding a new collective bargaining agreement covering our pilots. We cannot predict the outcome of these negotiations nor when they might be concluded and such negotiations may result in an agreement that will materially increase our operating costs. Failure to reach a satisfactory agreement could result in work stoppages, strikes or other labor disruptions that could materially adversely affect our revenues, operations or financial condition.

10-Q March 31, 2006
We are currently in negotiations with the Office & Professional Employees International Union regarding a new collective bargaining agreement covering our pilots. We cannot predict the outcome of these negotiations nor when they might be concluded and such negotiations may result in an agreement that will materially increase our operating costs. Failure to reach a satisfactory agreement could result in work stoppages, strikes or other labor disruptions that could materially adversely affect our revenues, operations or financial condition.

424B3 March 30, 2006

10-K December 31, 2005
We are currently in negotiations with the Office of Professional Employees International Union (‘‘OPEIU’’) regarding a new collective bargaining agreement covering our pilots. We cannot predict the outcome of these negotiations nor when they might be concluded and such negotiations may result in an agreement that will materially increase our operating costs. Failure to reach a satisfactory agreement could result in work stoppages, strikes or other labor disruptions that could materially adversely affect our revenues, operations or financial condition.

Revo,
I’m not sure but I think the CareFlight members are somehow included in the 239 number.

W1
Mr. Moderator :Sorry for the formatting error - my bad
Wrench,

I think there is enough fuzzy math and misinformation to go around without throwing too many stones in one direction or another. I find this board to be a refreshing change from the "other" board out there and would not want to see this thread slide into the same crappy name calling type thread.

The truth is always somewhere in the middle and one can see how PHI would be able to make 80% of their flights while missing a large chunk of their regular pilots...it is called lots and lots of workover! Your in the best shape you are going to be in during the first 48 hours of any survival situation and I think it is beginning to show that both sides are showing the wear and tear of this work action but the truth of the matter is that PHI has to live with the wear and tear until such a time as they rebuild their company while the strikers will be able to go out and get another job fairly easily.

The ones I feel sorry for are those that are going to have to live with PHI if they manage to break the union because the honeymoon will only last so long then the ugly marriage will begin as the company struts about in their presumed victory!