PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2006, 16:56
White Hart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst we're on the subject of BAA...

I understand that HAL has recently undergone a staff streamlining exercise - ie same amount of work, but less workers to do it. So, for those of us who use Heathrow regularly as either paxs or Operators, has this exercise been a success in terms of improving the service provided by HAL? Just exactly what areas of HAL have been affected by this streamlining?

From my own involvement (from the ATC environment) I would say that the level of service has slipped down the ladder somewhat, especially in the realms of Stand/Gates Allocation - although I also believe that this may be due in part to BA having their grubby fingers in the pie, and mucking up what used to be a more efficient service. So, if there's any BA Stand Allocators reading this - next time you want to swap gates around, then at least have the courtesy to tell HAL SAU and/or ATC about what you're doing before you do it!

and with regards to HAL - cutting your staff without reducing equivalent workload is a recipe for disaster. People can only do so much - you just end up burning out those that are left in the firing line. And don't think that 'offloading' some of the workload to some other cheapo two-bit outfit who cannot provide a similar or better standard of service is going to curry favour, either (except with HAL beancounters). It doesn't - it just makes a bad situation even worse. A Company's staff is it's greatest and strongest asset (or at least it used to be)

That's my gripe out of the way - any more for any more??

Last edited by White Hart; 14th Oct 2006 at 17:09.