PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPRuNe "Invisible Mode"
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2006, 13:37
BLUE SKY THINKER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by amanoffewwords
You can make yourself invisible...by loggin' out.
Quite. However, jokes apart . . . . .

Originally Posted by amanoffewwords
It doesn't necessarily mean they're all online at this very precise moment - it depends on the threshold that has been set in the board admin - the list might mean "in the last 24 hrs", or "in the last 1 minute". My board is currently showing 21 members on line and my threshold is 2 hrs - I know from the stats that if I changed that value to 24hrs the online figure would show anything up to 66 (max I ever had in one day).
. . . . . this second bit is quite interesting. I'm not particularly fussed about being 'invisible'; it's just that on awaiting someone to come back on a previous thread, I was puzzled that their green 'online' light was 'on' but that they did not appear in the 'active' list at the bottom of this forum. As we are all supposed to be interested in "Computer/Internet Issues" here, it led me to enquiring about the invisible mode out of curiosity, via P'Admin.

It used to be there and my first thought was that it probably disappeared - intentionally or otherwise - with one of the recent BB software updates. No response on that from P'Admin other than to keep telling me (four times) it's me; it's there.

Last edited by BLUE SKY THINKER; 14th Oct 2006 at 14:35.