PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2006, 09:12
Nigerian Expat Outlaw

Nigerian In Law

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Oh Ye Of Little Faith........

I am probably becoming embittered by cynicism, in much the same way as I am neither for nor against apathy etc.

However, the bottom line (literally) is that there are still people going out on leave and coming back in, aircraft are still being flown and fixed, people (as is their wont) are still complaining about dripping taps and the like.

So life continues after a fashion. Annoyance at the lack of communication/information, poor accommodation, resentment at what is perceived as the penny pinching CLA deduction for feeding, the delay in the promised "announcement" and all the other current topics are still being mulled over on each operation with a coldish beer in ones' hand.

If things were THAT bad,wouldn't a lot more people be leaving ? Or is that a cynical attitude rearing it's ugly head ? Those of us who are still here have individual reasons to hang on. For me it's the oldest motive in the world....I am a prostitute !! A well balanced one though, I carry a bucket of s**t in one hand and a bucket of money in the other.

My very best wishes to the hostages and their early release unharmed.

Cheers,

NEO