PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2006, 07:21
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stubby jumbo
Is it true that the JQ Cabin Manager training/conversion is 3 days in length-TOTAL.
JQ Domestic CM upgrade was something along those lines. Maybe 5 days? But they had nowhere near the authority or autonomy as CSMs at QF. They had greater resposnsibilities, some paperwork (occaisonal performance appraisal and the stressful disaster of an inflight sales program) and a supervisory role over being just a flight attendant but they couldn't make decisions that impacted the commercial operation or act on behalf of the company from a commercial point of view - ie. not able to 'comp' a lemonde unless directed by the Manager of Customer Service. Their role was much different to that of a QF CSM. Jetstar Domestic CMs whinge about the amount of paperwork they do (much of it useless or unnecessary but management has them do it anyway) though CSMs at QF do FAR more paperwork and have far greater levels of responsibility. Hence the difference in training programs.

I note Jetstar have entitled their international managers as CSMs. Does that mean a greater area or level of responsibility? Doesn't seem that way if payscales are anything to go by?!

CSMs at QF may be interested to note that FAs and MAM casuals have operated as CSM on occaison. Sends out an odd message from the company I think. Way of the future I guess...