PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Steep Approach into LCY
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2006, 19:09
Killer Shark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost to A318 Sales?

I notice from the Airbus website that they only have 90 orders for the 318. LCY capability must give them a good chance of boosting that number, I don't think anyone else is in the 100-120 pax class? Range must be much improved over the 146.

I take it that some of the Fokker jets operate out of LCY?

One thing that sparked my curiosity on this topic was an article I remember reading in Flight 2 or 3 years ago about a big airbrake that Embraer were going to put in their belly fairing on the 170. It looked quite a piece of equipment. I think it was related to the Swissair order they had which was related to LCY ops and they needed it to get the drag for the approach. I've had a close look at a couple of E170/175s on the ground, but I see no evidence of it or any obvious place to put it. Are they managing to get into LCY without it and if so, how?

Will we see a day where the LCY apron is full of 146s, F70s, A318s and E170s?

I remember watching the A-Team a few years ago and seeing a scene with a biz-jet (Challenger?) with the thrust reversers cracked open for a pretty impressive descent rate. Would that work for a steep approach?