PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch
Thread: Monarch
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2006, 11:38
crib08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lite
Just to get back on track, I've asked a couple of recruitment questions on the Thomsonfly thread and am posting similar ones here which if answered would be useful for anyone applying for Monarch crew next year;

1/ When does recruitment take place throughout the year? From how early until how late?

2/ What chances do people have of getting their first or second base choice? Are any crews dual-based?

3/ How long are Monarch's training courses and where do they take place? Are you trained on all types within the MON fleet?

4/ What incentives are there & how good are they? Allowances, language payment, staff travel etc.?

5/ How is morale at MON? What's the atmosphere like? Differences between charter & scheduled?

I can answer these questions for to the best of my knowledge.

1, Monarch are recruiting at the moment and I will be helping with the interviewing tomorrow, Monarch usually recruits in the off season so the new crew's get a chance to get a grip on things beefore it gets manic in the summer.

2, No crew's are dual based, You have a very good chance of getting your first choice providing they are recruiting for that base. Sometimes Manchester crew's do have to come down to LGW if they would like to stay on with us but they can transfer back after a year or so.

3, The training last for 6 weeks, you have exam's nearly every day. They take place at most of our bases especially MAN,LTN & LGW. Monarch have too many a/c types to be fleeted on all so you are split in the following:
-320/21,300,330

4, Consessions with monarch are ok, you get them after 1 year of becoming permanent. Monarch do pay for extra languages avg £30 xtra per month per language. Flight allowances are very good, I think 2nd best in the charter world. You get paid on the hr every hour you are out of base. There is a difference to long haul and short haul allowance. example a week in MLE you will get £550 in t/cheques givin to you by the Capt. There is an onboard spend per head taget (SPH) which if you achieve you get a bonus of inbetween £11 and £30 per flight. Staff travel, is ok I travel to New Zealand every year on a stand by basis for under £300. usually flight price at that time of year is over a grand. We have stand by tickets with all of the major airlines.

5, There is a huge differnece between charter and scheduled airlines if that is the question you are asking and not charter and monarch scheduled flights? Moral is usually high, summer time is very busy and you can get over worked, Money is quite good so that always perks you up. Alot of the crew at Monarch dont work for the airline to serve pax and get shouted at al day, we come into work for the crew, we know we are going to have a good day when you see the crew list.

hope this helps everyone and please contact me if you want to know more.