PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in India
Thread: Flying in India
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2006, 17:10
LOKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From CaptBlowOut:
"Jet Airways
At the moment Jet Airways apparently isnt the best place to be... I was told they promise everything and when you are there they start taking it all back. At the moment there is a dispute about accomodation, the guys are put up in 5 star hotel appartments, as per contract, but the company has told them to move to a 3 star junk hotel by the end of the month !!!! Same thing with annual leave and time off....... Better check up on these things before you guys pack up the toothbrush"
Originally Posted by hpcock
MJR
To clarify the points made by "CaptBlowOut" - perhaps Jet is not the best option at the moment. A number of senior heads have stepped down from their posts recently, & have been filled by a couple of guys from Ethiad - who are not getting rave reviews on their man management skills. About the accomodation - most (expat) pilots with Jet I have spoken to in the last few days are not aware of this downgrading, & continue to enjoy life in either 5* hotels or excellent apartments.
HPC
Are these developments a direct result of the 2 Ethiad guys? Are the original accommodations clearly written in the contracts? Is there anyone here from Jet who can speculate on the probable outfall from this - large scale resignations for instance. From a 5* hotel or apartment to a 3* hovel is quite a hit.

What's to prevent expats, en mass, from departing on their next leave and not returning (I believe it's 8weeks on 2 weeks off).

I had seen complaints in other posts from the Middle East Forum, where it was reported that not only would the company not live up to the commitments made verbally but blatantly violated written contractual agreements - oddly - I believe the post dealt with Ethiad - where these two individuals came from.

I was giving serious thought to going to India - but if they are disregarding the contract - think I'll stay home. If they can do this - what's to prevent them from cutting the pay and saying "sue me."

Would appreciate any further confirmation on this specific development at Jet especially from someone who is actually experiencing it - or who did experience it and has decided to leave.

Thanks for any information,
LL