PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2006, 10:48
dahawg123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTC selection

Wing Bound Vortex et al,

I see your point but I am sure you will agree that some of the posts on here go past mere preparation. I am 100% sure that everybody who applies to CTC prepares themselves in some way, shape or form, but being spoon fed the exact rota for each selection stage seems a little beyond that.

It is indeed true that CTC read and are interested in what goes on here, the subject of prune has come up in a number of staff-cadet meetings and the tone has generally been one of derision, prune generally being populated by bitter people (are you reading this, anyone from OAT - just kidding before the flame war starts!) and wild speculation regarding the selection proceedure.

Erm...anyway...back onto what I was originally saying, by all means help fellow cadets out, but somethings are best left to initiative. My own personal top tips are:

Stage 2:

Cant really practice for the PILAPT, except maybe a bit of flight sim? Practice some mental arithmetic for the test.

Stage 3:

Read up on partner airlines and be damn sure you know why you want to become a pilot!!! For the team exercises, be yourself.

Stage 4:

Relax, listen and enjoy!

And to finish, someone a few pages back asked if substandard people are getting in, well far be it for me to comment if anyone is substandard (I got in somehow!) but my point remains that the CTC selection is there for a reason, it is well designed, isnt there to catch you out and is very effective!