PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 12th Oct 2006, 09:42
fatlazypilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY PLAN, check it

Alright guys, Im 19 years old with a high school diploma. Hold E.U. citizenship and U.S. green card. I've come up with a very cost efficient and a "pedestrian to airline pilot" plan to obtain right to fly commercially in Europe. Here's the deal.....

Step 1: Attain FAA & JAA 1st class medicals (in process)

Step 2: Go to nearest municipal airport and obtain (talking to club members, instructors, etc.)
- FAA PPL (50 hr.)
- FAA instrument rating (30-40 hr.)

Step 3: Enroll in a JAA ATPL ground school course, on-line 6-7 months
- during this time built more PIC time at the local aiport

Step 4: Go to an actual JAA flight academy in the U.S. and obtain
- JAA commercial pilot license (30 hr.)
- JAA multi-engine rating (10 hr.)

Step 5: JAA instrument rating conversion (15 hr.)

Step 6: Multi crew co-operation course (20 hr.)

This setup should hopefully leave me with a "frozen" ATPL, an JAA IR, an MCC, and about 250 TT and hoping to complete before January 2008.

I've added about 95 hours I could maybe pull together during the 6-7 months of ATPL ground school which I will be doing from home.

After I get my "frozen" ATPL, JAA IR, and the MCC rating. I would most likely enroll in a college to get a 2 year degree while job hunting. But thats a different story.

Now I've noticed many european regional airlines require a multi-engine instrument rating. Could someone tell me when and where I should get it, and if its even that necessary.

Please let me know what you pilots out there think of this plan as this would be the best possible way for me to get to where I want to be.

Thanks in advance. FATLAZYPILOT