PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2006, 09:16
Reverand Lovejoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTC Stages

To the best of my knowledge (which is limited on a good day),

Stage 1a - Application. Fill in online, wait a while. This one is simple (for CTC to select) as you either make the grade on paper or dont. Pass rate way up in the 70's I would guess. Probaly higher bearing in mind if you dont make the advertised standard then why apply?

Stage 1b - 4 questions sent to you and you have to hand write the answers and fax them back. A bit more tricky to analyse but still a relatively high pass rate.

Stage 2 - Computer based tests in the form of PILAPT software, then a maths test (could be in a different order). Figures are compared against roughly 2500 other pilots scores and then you are given a risk banding for training. I got a low risk for training but I know people in NZ that had Medium-low with no problems. Pass mark is about 20% and a new rule says no opportunity of a resit.

Stage 3 - 2 group excercises and an interview. Pass mark here has been quoted as 50-60% but I failed it first time round and passed the resit so not sure on the overall pass rate. You can be offered a retake but by invitation only and you must be close to the cut-off. CTC make it quite clear if you were close to this or not.

Stage 4 - FLight Breifing and Sim ride. Roughly 85% pass mark and a damn good day. You can be given a resit here if by invitation and you will find out the result by telephone call from someone at CTC.

Stage 5 - Not officially a stage but in my eyes is probaly the biggest hurdle. You get about 1000 things to sort out before you leave in terms of administration and paperwork, medicals, bloodtests, being measured for uniform, opening up bank accounts with specific banks at specific branches, insurance ect. Pass rate for this stage has to be somewhere in the low1% as it is a nightmare. DB at CTC will help though, she is an admin genius, which is good really as I very rarely have a clue as to what is going on

Last edited by Reverand Lovejoy; 12th Oct 2006 at 09:19. Reason: Forgot to mention that the figures quoted are only my opinion