PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UniversalPilot's MEA winge thread
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2006, 07:39
JS3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am an MEA cadet, and my acceptance into MEA is pure PROOF that there is no "wasta" (connections/contacts) required to get into MEA.

In my entire family history I am the first person to be interested and pursure a career in aviation. That includes friends of the family and distant relatives.

You are right, it is extremely difficult to get into MEA. The other guys and myself had to work extremely hard to get into MEA by studying, staying healthy, and most of all proving ourselves in several interviews.

And for all those sons of MEA captains who got in, I can tell of about all those other sons of MEA captains who didnt get in. Out of 31 cadets today about 5 are sons of captains. What about the rest? If the head of Operations Administration (who run the entire recruitment) could not get his brother through, what does that say about the credibility of the selection process. It is very credible, believe me.

I wish the best of luck for anyone who wants to apply in the future to MEA, and there will be selection processes again coming soon. If anyone needs anything, please let me know.