PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid-air collision over Brasil
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2006, 04:40
westhawk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rippa
Bubbers44,

Yes they did...they didnt comply with the ICAO standard rules.
Well, since you say so, I guess we can tell those investigating the accident we won't be requiring their services any longer! You've got it all figured out based on???

Wouldn't it be more appropriate, and perhaps wiser, to preface your statement with some indication that this is speculation, or based on some official finding of fact published by the investigating authority? It really would be helpful to substantiate your assertion with something more than this single sentence.

I will take no position on whether either crew, or ATC for that matter, was or was not operating in compliance with any rules, SOPs or accepted operating practices until such time as an official report which includes time corelated CVR, FDR, ATC RADAR and ATC radio and telephone recordings is published and available for review. To do otherwise is to leave oneself open to making unfounded assertions and a number of "errors of logic". You do as you wish, but I prefer to wait for established facts before reaching conclusions.

It's up to you, but maybe it would be better to objectively comment on established facts, identify any speculation as such and try to avoid blurring the line between the two. Opinions are certainly going to be shared, but should be identified as such. Just a suggestion.

Best regards,

Westhawk