PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA 2166 from Tampa
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2006, 22:38
Flying Fred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pigsfly
D`Pig is far from silly This is neither good nor professional operating. And while you guys pat yourselves on the backs saying well done, I say ....commercial pressures ruled....
Pigsfly, so you would have dumped 30T of fuel and returned to TPA would you? Just what were the crew's injuries? I don't know and you don't either because nobody on here has given those details. And you call the BA crew unprofessional! You clearly have no knowledge of BAs operating procedures. Read again what I said about Medlink and obtaining professional advice.

Last year I diverted into a Canadian airfield after a female passenger complained of chest pains. We rang Medlink on the satcom, described in detail her symptoms and were advised that we should divert. This we did, no commercial pressure to continue. Pax was met by paramedics and hospitalised in the shortest time possible time. We then departed for our final destination in the southern US, arriving 1.5 hours late. This happens about once a week in BA but you don't read about it on here. By the way, it turned out she was having a panic attack - c'est la vie

The crew on the Tampa used the same process but this time the advice from the medical professionals was to continue. End of story. I know you as a 747 pilot sitting in your armchair are obviously more qualified than the Medlink doctors but, hey, you weren't on board. How about trusting it to the folk who were?