PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Egnatia flight college
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2006, 20:02
matt85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello.

Im currently giving serious thought to having a look at Egnatia as the value for money looks unbelievable but I still have a few questions and if anybody would be kind enough to answer them it would be most appreciated

I will of course also give Egnatia themselves a ring for the official line but if anybody has any slightly more impartial views to express on the more subjective questions I would really welcome them. No particular order, here goes...

1. In the full £30k what other expenses other than living are involved as medical, CAA fees, skills tests all seem to be covered? It seems too cheap!
2. I presume you require a Class 1 before you start the 0 to fATPL and notice it is included. How is this not insignificant cost reimbursed when you enrole?
3. The quality/experience of instructors/pass rates for skills tests/groundschool?
4. Quality of acommodation (sp) / Social life?
5. Is the price for 0 to fATPL on the website still accurate at £29,465 and is it correct that VAT is not charged as per the website states?
6. Is pay as you go flying available at the same rate as paying upfront (i.e you still only pay £30k in all)?
7. How easy (expensive) is it to convert your licence(s) to UK versions and does the fact that it is completed solely in Greece detract anything from the value over a British FTO in the eyes of potential employers?
8. How have previous (although admittedly so far limited) ex-students faired in gaining the elusive first jobs?
9 And finally, if there is anything else that you feel may be of relevance please tell me!

Much obliged as ever.

Cheers,

Matt.