PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA 2166 from Tampa
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2006, 18:40
Lucifer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jerrystinger
I'm sorry, but this is simply incredible! Evasive action, followed by serious injuries and yet the flight crew continue? First a BA 747 loses an engine, but goes on and then this....You may have serious injuries, but hey, the crew need to get home.
Doesn't say much about BA's incident procedures. What other serious things happen that passengers are powerless to do anything about at 37,000ft? I'm truly surprised.
Jerry Stinger, your post is uninformed tosh. With the exception of the comment that "passengers are powerless to do anything", your post is otherwise rubbish and implies that professional aircrew are operating like cowboys. This is simply not true, and is - I think - more a reflection of your ignorance of the decisions that are made by professional crew, and a somewhat typical inability to accept that there are many situations in which you as a passenger will never be in control, often displayed by armchair commentators with little or no aviation experience.

After appropriate medical advice, a decision was made. What more can you ask from a professional crew?

Though the thread was started by a reasonable question, I am unable to see why every single aviation abnormality requires a comment from the uninformed who think they can do the job better.