PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Revised Bristol/Cardiff airspace/SIDs/STARs
Old 11th Oct 2006, 16:41
Standard Noise
StandupfortheUlstermen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So just to clarify then, if we take you to the BRI then downwind, the flight plan drops out.
However, 99 times out of 100, I only need to take you 'towards' the BRI ie you get a turn crosswind 5-6DME from the beacon (it's only a small extension of track to allow you to lose a bit of height and going all the way to the BRI would be an unnecessarily long delay to both you and those in the sequence behind you). So to my question, would turning you into a circuit at that range from the BRI still cause the flightplan to drop out, or would that be OK?

And a request.....with there being many factors to whether you can safely make a straight in approach, I am always grateful if you let me know the wind speed/direction as you descend (if you can let us know that it would make a 'straight in' approach tricky then even better to help us plan). We only get forecast winds for one and three thousand feet which can be vastly different to what you are experiencing at 70 or 80, so if it's say 120/30 up there and we are trying to get you down for 27, give us a heads up. Last cycle I had an E145 passing 2200' on final 09 who told me the wind was 200/40. Our forecast 3000' wind was 160/20-25 and the surface was 150/13, so you can see the difference between what we think it should be and what it is.

Oh dear, brain starting to hurt, must lie down