PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 3
Thread: Ryanair - 3
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2006, 13:39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Airbus Jockey
Yeah, I fail to see how Aer Lingus is "Loved" by people today?
What is the difference sitting in an FR aircraft or an AL one? Same crap airport to get through, same grumpy check in staff and cabin crew etc etc
Firstly, you're more likely to get cabin crew who speak English as their first language, which is nice when you're on the way back from business on your own in a country where you don't speak the language. Naturally, the Ryanair ones can speak English, but they never seem to indulge in any chit chat.

Secondly, you get 2" extra seat pitch on Aer Lingus. If you're over 6' tall, this is a definite bonus from travelling with them.

Thirdly, my experience is that when things go wrong I would prefer to be flying with them. A few months ago, with severe fog delays in Cork, Aer Lingus brought in a spare aircraft to clear the backlog, Ryanair were just cancelling flights (I had the same experience about 2 years ago as well).

Actually, I think they hold up well compared to some of the full service airlines. I know what is available when I get on board (unlike some airlines where I don't know if I'll be fed or not) and as they have to sell the food, it is generally worth eating. I do think there should be a free non-alcoholic drink on sectors over 90 minutes though.