PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Show us yer meat...
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2006, 13:26
Corrona

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Show us yer meat...

I heard on BFBS news the other day that the MOD have made some small fuss about having only bought British Pork during the last year.

What you ask, is the significance of this? Well it was of course couched in the 'look at us aren't we good buying British' sort of terms. I however suspect that it must have just so happened that during the past year British Pork was the cheapest on the world market. Why? well as a married accompanied overseas bloke most of my weekly shop comes through the local Military Ration Store (V. little civilian alternative), and what has been glaringly obvious during the time I have spent here has been the appaling chicken and beef FROM BRAZIL!! - bought for it's quality? I very much doubt it.

Which got me thinking. I wonder if the french military, buy c**p food from Brazil? Whilst I have no facts, I would imagine they make a fuss over only buying French...and if they do it must be nice for them to make such a fuss with their heads held high!

Appologies for those not too interested, but I feel somehow better for having got it off my chest.