PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loss Of Nerve ?
Thread: Loss Of Nerve ?
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2006, 13:01
jetflite

Location: somedays in a helicopter, other days in a fixed-wing....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
something doesn't feel right!!!

I had an indepth talk with an ex mil pilot who stated sometimes you just get that feeling like you shouldn't be flying today!

I personally feel that it can be positive and negative,

Positive: It may give you a situational awareness advantage, that you are constantly on the scan, looking for safe places to land (providing it doesn't FALL APART)

Negative: It may consume to much of your thoughts and concentration, distracting you from the task at hand "Aviate, Navigate & communicate"
you may get so worked up that it basically drives you into a state on phycosis where any second your waiting for the a blade to depart . .

best conclusion i can draw to, anything that falls off is out of my control, so i try to push it to the back of my thoughts (thourough Pre flight "Might" help put the mind at ease), but finding some where to auto, or keeping a keen scan to get onto a indication before it becomes a problem is something you can be "Prepared" for.

At least you'd hope to make the 5pm news for your 30 seconds of fame, then chances are it'l be blamed on Pilot error to save the manufactures/engineers/(enter name here) having to fix the problem.