PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA 2166 from Tampa
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2006, 10:36
Andy_S

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by jerrystinger
I'm sorry, but this is simply incredible! Evasive action, followed by serious injuries and yet the flight crew continue? First a BA 747 loses an engine, but goes on and then this....You may have serious injuries, but hey, the crew need to get home.
Doesn't say much about BA's incident procedures. What other serious things happen that passengers are powerless to do anything about at 37,000ft? I'm truly surprised.
Whoa. Hang on there!! Evasive action is not in itself any reason to turn back. "Serious injury" might be, but you're the only person who has used the words, and I don't think you know any more about the nature of the injuries suffered than I do. According to Mr Pax, an onboard paramedic said it would be OK to continue, so presumably none of the injuries were life threatening or were going to cause the individuals involved significant pain or distress provided they were made comfortable. Perhaps, under the circumstances, the flight crew decided that on balance it would be better all round to get everyone home. I think they're more qualified to make that decision than you.