PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates
Thread: Emirates
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2006, 00:25
Nemo24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazing

Originally Posted by Jorga
I attended the Brisbane Open day last Saturday and was really disappointed with the process.

There was probably about 130 show up. We all went one by one up to the recruiter and handed over our CV's and received a number. The recruiter maybe spoke 10 words to me if that. She just said hello and asked how I was and flicked through my cv.

I was dressed professionally and have previously worked in Airlines. (just in case you may be wondering that I looked completely unemployable! )

Then one recruiter went away and looked through our CV's while the other showed the movies. Then the first recruiter came back in the room and they told us the people who were invited back tomorrow.

We didn't even get a chance to interact in a group environement for them to observe us!

I'm not sure how many went though and would be interested to know if anyone attended this open day. I only know of one girl who got through and she was young with no airlines experience at all but she was very attractive.

Would love to hear of anyone elses experience.
Hi Jorga,
Im really sorry to hear about your experience. As i mentioned previously, the open day in Perth was quite lucky- no more than 35people i would guess. I imagine my luck wouldnt have been so great if there was +100!
Were you able to ask questions about the video?
I dont think attractiveness really is an issue with Emirates- moreso i think they appreciate the effort you go to to look professional. Alot of us didnt have airline experience but we had a friendly, responsible manner and were able to articulate ourselves well. I think those are the important things.