PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beijing Panam Mid Air Collision
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2006, 21:18
EX-FED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, boy!

DW,

Good to hear from you. I heard you got a good job in a Piaggio or something of that nature.

Yes, I'm still "carrying my cross" over here in China. Things ARE looking up and getting better for the company and GA as a whole. There are still battles to be fought and negotiations to be made, but the company is stronger than ever and there has never been more contract renewals in the history of PanAm.....even with the somewhat limited amount of flight time.

The Bautou Base is very active. Considerably more flight time, cleaner environment, better weather and more condusive to safe and efficient flight operations. It still has some military restrictons on some activity, but nothing like Shijiaszhuang. 2 instructors who had given notice rescinded their notice and are staying on.

I don't take all the credit for these changes. It has taken understanding and cooperation from the foreign and Chinese side to get these things done. I think everyone is pleased with the results so far.

I have no problem with someone making a derogatory comment about PanAm; that is anyone's right. But don't post a thread regarding an incident if you don't have the facts straight. Broken bones, wrong locations, location of impact.....all wrong. Firing of employees? I think you know me better than what was described in that post.

As for recruitment, anyone who is interviewed is told EXACTLY what to expect over here. No stone is left unturned. Honesty is the best measure.

Well, It's 5:15 A.M and I'm getting ready for day 4 of the meetings with the CAAC. Good luck, DW, and give me a shout sometime.

Howard