PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CS vs. Mil Pay
Thread: CS vs. Mil Pay
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2006, 16:38
Jimlad1

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm becoming convinced that certain people are reading this thread, seeing something and hitting "reply" before actually reading further.

I'm not comparing like for like when it comes to C1 / C2's and SO1/SO2's - I pointed out that they are seen as roughly equivalent. What I have already pointed out and will do so again is that the equivalency tables were drawn up in the days when promotion was a lot slower in the CS. Back then you would expect to be promoted to C2 (HEO?) after 8 - 12 years service, and a similar time again to C1(SEO). So in terms of relative experience, back then the average C2 would be roughly as experienced in "the system" as the average SO2 (although once again I fully accept they are not the same thing). Nowadays of course that has changed and people get promoted much faster - see my comments earlier about need to change these tables.

Also once again, given how often the services deride these tables, they're the ones that seem to perpetuate it. I've lost count of the number of courses I've run where they call me Major rather than Mister. I don't want to be called Major as I like people to know that I work for a living