PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loss Of Nerve ?
Thread: Loss Of Nerve ?
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2006, 14:02
kjw57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That uneasy feeling started for me after the grand kids started arriving. ??? Who knows why but after 30 yrs. mostly all in the rocks of coastal BC I began to wonder is it worth it? So much time on the wrong side of the curve, dangling drip torches, Long lines & anything else that attaches to a belly hook, so many good people who are no longer around to ask for their thoughts on the subject.

Still once my thumb or finger is on the starter it's all good again...for an hour or two. Had this conversation with the companies Op's manager about L.lining some gear to a repeater site in the Rockies at 10,500'. Door off, head out Jeez that's a long way down, first time I'd experienced the feeling. This same person, who was my relief pilot on that job, confided in me at the end of the season that he too had to tighten up the seat belt on that job. Talk it out and find your insights... excellent thread should be more like them.

For me the upside of these contemplations is leading me in other directions and new challenges. No shame I know what I've done, and look forward to what I can do. Your feelings are normal.

Fly safe.

Last edited by kjw57; 10th Oct 2006 at 14:08. Reason: spelling