PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Revised Bristol/Cardiff airspace/SIDs/STARs
Old 10th Oct 2006, 09:46
ATCOJ30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fly-over/fly-by waypoint thing isn't new - it's been highighted within ATC circles for ages now. I just needed a kick to make me remember it as an issue and will NOT be giving 240/245 off POMAX so readily in future - maybe 260/265 and have a look. For us, it's this issue of you straying outside the CTA that's a worry, as my learned colleague (Standard Noise) so rightly points out, especially as Lyneham's airspace is directly south of POMAX, up to FL65. After all, we're supposed to ensure you stay at least 2nm inside the CAS boundary at all times.

When I get back on the 21st, I'll collate the useful pilot responses and put them out to our team. Thanks muchly, guys, for your input - it really does help the flow of info and will (hopefully) address some of the problems you've raised. Maybe you'll see the proof of this when we ask you some pertinent Qs about your (in)ability to get the height and speed off for 27 and making mention earlier of the routeing towards the BRI and left hand for 27. Like I said, we want stable approaches as much as you do. The power of PPRUNE eh? Wonderful.

Nice that BF still can't resist a pop at BRS though. And there was me thinking it was such a popular crew-base...