PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Recruiting - New FRI Ibound?
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2006, 07:50
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 225 Likes on 86 Posts
A captain in EZY with 5 years service gets paid £91k a year comprising of £74.4k basic, 10% annual profit bonus (they have to make a £1) plus £10k sector pay. They pay 9% of basic into a pension for you and you get a little bit of life and license insurance. Some years the share options are worth a couple of grand and for the last two years there has been a share buy and a share save scheme which looks on track to at least double my monthly £375 contribution tax free over three years. If you don't pay into the pension yourself and don't participate in the the share schemes you see an average monthly take home including annual bonus spread over the year of about £5,200 take home. I usually see about £4,500 after deductions for pensions and shares.

The company needs 450 pilots in the next recruitment year and the expansion rate will continue to 2009 at least. The last numbers I heard were 150 Airbus and 31 boeings by 2009 and we currently stand at about 117 aircraft. There are bases all over the place with more in the pipeline but the UK is now pretty much fixed with Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Newcastle, East Midlands, Liverpool, Luton, Stansted, Bristol and Gatwick. All are Aribus apart from Belfast, Newcastle and Luton.

You'll need 3000 factored hours for command and a 1,000 on fast jets and trainers isn't going to add up to very much so expect a few years in the right hand seat accumulating 900hrs a year to make the threshold. Or if you are a transport man with plenty of hours then maybe one year with two Sim checks in it will put you in the pool for command assesment.

Plenty of ex-service already in the company and remarkably little in the way of politics. If you need as quick a command as possible and you like the idea of a regional base or European base then it might suit you better than some other airlines.

But it'll be a good few pay negotiations down the line before you see £125k!

Cheers